Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Free Time Doesn't Really Exist


Catie and Dad.


Now that I am working and learning how to be a mom, I have no time to myself. I always heard people say that parenting wears you out, but I don't think I quite understood this until now. My days go something like this: wake up at 5:00 A.M., drive 30 minutes to work, work with my students all day (I do love this part!), get home between 4P.M. and 6 P.M. (sometimes after an hour in rush hour traffic), start being a mommmy (This is my favorite part.), put Catie to bed around 9 P.M., go to bed--repeat until weekend.

Bathtime.

I also forgot to mention the bakground noise of crying my daughter does when she is not being held. The current phase she is going through includes the need to be in someone's arms at all times. I'm assuming this is normal, and I hope I am not spoiling her by responding everytime she cries.


Sitting on the computer like I am right now is one of the few moments I have had to myself in weeks. After my last post, we found out that we will be heading to Dallas in early June for the next five -six years of our life. We purchased a lovely house in Dallas and are trying to sell our home in San Antonio.


I am still trying to accept the move, as I'm not one to transition well. I am also working on accepting the fact that I will not be working for awhile. My new position as stay-at-home mom begins June 5th. Catie and I will be able to spend lots of time together, but it will be the first time I haven't worked as a teacher since I began teaching 8 years ago. Yet, another transition!


Catie is growing up so fast. She turned 5 months old yesterday. It's unreal. She is cooing and babbling all the time. She has also started to laugh--the most wonderful, natural, innocently happy sound I've ever heard. I wish I could capture her laugh and hold onto it forever. She can roll over, hold her head up, smile and scream. Her scream has become increasing louder and full of anger. She reserves it for the following purposes: hunger, riding in the car seat, being set down.




All in all, my life continues to be chaotic and wonderful at the same time. I'm loving my days working with the most wonderful class I've taught and I'm cherishing the nights with my daughter. In about a month, my life will change significantly. I keep telling myself to enjoy life as it is because I know I'll miss this time later.

No comments:

Post a Comment