Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 8, 2010

Valentine's Party, Exploring and Getting Ready for our Little Guy


I just have to post a few pictures of my little girl in her Valentine's outfit from Grandma Judy. She had a playgroup with her friends last week and I couldn't believe how precious and BIG she looked in her dress and shoes. It's hard to believe shoes are actually a part of her wardrobe after she spent over a year in socks. Wow, has she grown up!

She amazes me every day. I love watching her explore the world and chatter to herself. She says a few words: dodo= dog, bu = bird, du = duck, tsh= fish, ba= ball. Why she loves the animal words so much, I am not exactly sure. Catie still adores reading. She brings Brian and me book after book and plops down to listen and point at the pictures. When we went to the bookstore the other day, Catie was in awe--soo many books to choose from. The picture below shows her amidst a pile of books she found.
Brian and I spent the weekend preparing the nursery for the baby. Catie and Baby Brandon will actually be sharing a room, so we needed do some rearranging. We were happy with the results--we have a newly arranged closet that can be closed off to Catie. Over the past few weeks, she has been pulling everything she can out of any reachable drawer and scattering her prizes about the house. We also moved the glider chair into a new location so Catie doesn't try to squeeze behind it anymore. Hopefully, the new arrangement will work for both Catie and her brother.
We're down to a week until our little man enters the world. I'm very nervous, but I know everything will be okay. I can't wait to see my family and meet my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment