Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Time to Blog About It

I've been thinking about blogging for awhile now. Finally, I have actually set aside the time to do it. Gotta love babies and procrastination- a powerful mix!
Our Little Man


Brandon William Cox entered the world on February 16, 2010 around 1 pm. He weighed 7lbs., 2 oz. Brandon arrived without any major complications and was easy on his Mama. When I first saw him, I assumed he weighed less than his sister did. Shows how little I remember! He outweighed her by over a pound--a regular beefcake of a baby:)
Our stay in the hospital was brief, but fabulous. I enjoyed the last two nights of sleep I've had for months. I also enjoyed the first sips of wine I've had in months.
Little Catie is a wonderful big sister. She shows her brother love with air kisses, hugs, smiles, squeaks and attempts to feed him all kinds of snacks. Today, she held the bottle while Brandon ate. Brian told her she could keep the bottle feeding job, but she became bored.

Little Brandon has had a very tough first couple months. He developed reflux and a milk protein allergy that have made him SUPER fussy. After weeks of doctors' visits, writhing around and screaming his little heart out, he is finally taking down a special formula and enjoying life as a 10 pound newbie.

Brian and I thought our second child would be easier than our first. Turns out, we have worked a thousand times harder with newborn Brandon than we ever had to with Catie. Little Catie slept a six hour stretch at 8 weeks. Little Brandon sleeps for almost three hours (on a good day). Sleepless nights are a fact of life around here. And the thought of more children is NOT entertained.

Over the past couple months, our family....




- has endured many sleepless nights



- has experienced the joy of trying to raise two babies without enough hands






- has a Daddy who has completed his trauma and urology rotations and started his radiology rotation





- has a Mommy who will start earning her PhD in Education this Fall


- has a Baby Girl who is walking, talking, eating up a storm and making us all laugh



- has a Baby Boy who is squirming, gulping, smiling and crying a bunch





- has so much to be thankful for. Although I joke about the challenges we face on a daily basis, I know we are so lucky to be ALIVE and ENJOYING being together. Still, I hear Phil Vassar's "Just Another Day In Paradise" in my mind daily. It seems to be the theme song of our current phase in life.





No comments:

Post a Comment