
We welcomed February with Uncle Brad and Ginger's visit from Houston. Catie and Brandon played with Ginger and gave her lots of treats. For weeks after Uncle Brad's visit, they called themselves baby puppies named Ginger. Uncle Brad gave Brandon his very first birthday present-a talking Tow Mater. Brandon and the truck are inseparable. Catie and Brandon can't wait for Uncle Brad to return when the babies are born. Our family loved having Brad around and is always ready for another visit from him.

Catie continued her dance class at the YMCA. My little dancer adores dressing up in her leotard and leaping all over the dance floor. She is also learning how to follow directions and try various dance moves. I'm very pleased with how her listening to the teacher has improved over the time we've been attending classes. Unfortunately, I am unable to participate as much as I would like due to my large size. We are going totake March and April off from dance and restart classes in May
Unfortunately, we were rear-ended on the way to our Mom's Club Valentine Party. We ended up missing.the party because I had to go to the hospital to make sure the twin boys were alright. They were both fine, but the hospital monitored me for several hours because I was having contractions. Thanks to my friend, Kristin, both Catie and Brandon had their first sleepover. I returned home after 12 am and picked my kiddos up the following day.

We celebrated Valentine's Day with a morning treat and a pizza supper. Brian brought me beautiful roses and chocolate covered strawberries. We all devoured them. Catie and Brandon decided to nibble the chocolate off the strawberries so they could eat more of the good stuff.
Brian finished up his rotations at the VA hospital. Yay, no more 24 hour shifts until May! He started working at Children's Hospital which means very little weekend time and 6 night shifts.
Needless to say, I have not been enjoying this rotation. Really, I don't enjoy any of them. What I enjoy is having my husband home with our family. I just have to breath and remind myself that this crazy, busy time will pass and we will all be stronger for having survived it.
Our little man, Brandon, turned two on February 16, 2012! We celebrated the day of his birthday with owl cupcakes, lots of presents, lunch at Chick-Fil-A and more celebrating with Daddy at dinner. Brandon loved opening all of his gifts, with a little help from his eager sister, and he almost tried to blow out his candles. He smiled and learned toward the cupcake. I figure he is headed in the right direction. Brandon was definitely aware of his birthday this year. He smiled when we sang "Happy Birthday," and talked about his train cake for weeks prior to his party.


We held Brandon's birthday party at Gymboree and he had tons of fun climbing, crawling, jumping and popping bubbles. He was in a great mood. He also had the chance to enjoy a slice of his train cake. The train cake turned out very well. I was impressed with myself for attempting and completing the project. I personally liked eating the jelly ring wheels the most. Overall, Brandon had a fantastic 2nd birthday. I thank God for blessingour family with such a sweet, loving and sensitive young man.
Grandpa Mike and Grandma Linda came for a visit and took us to a wonderful lunch at the Northpark Mall. Brandon and Catie saw the turtles and ducks swimming in the indoor pond. Brandon was not too pleased that one of the ducks was standing on top of a turtle. Catie watched the turtles swim in lines and commented on how big some of the turtles looked. Grandma and Grandpa gave Brandon a wagon for his birthday. They even brought a new dress-up outfit for Catie. We are so very thankful for how much they helped us out while they visited.
We enjoyed beautiful weather this February, no snow at all. It seems like Spring has arrived early this year and Catie and Brandon have been enjoying it with lots of outdoor time. Brandon received sidewalk chalk for his birthday and it has been used all over our back porch. I love looking out our upstairs window and seeing all the colorful decorations Catie and Brandon create. Brandon uses his chalk to decorate dogs, other people, chairs, shoes, clothing and toys.
I am currently approaching 32 weeks pregnant with my twin boys. At 30 weeks, Baby A weighed 3lbs. 14 oz and Baby B weighed 3lbs. 10 oz. Soon, I will see how much they weigh at 32 weeks. To say that I feel large is an understatement. I feel like a whale. I am swollen in my legs and hands, have gained over 40 lbs., have lovely new stretch marks, painful sciatica, back ache and an unfortunate lack of patience. I have to remind myself daily how lucky I am to be pregnant with two healthy babies, so I don't focus too much on my discomforts. I have exactly 42 days until my scheduled C-section and I'm anxious to see if I will make it that long.
Our family is ready to enjoy March. We are all anxious to see whether this month will add two little boys to our family or if our two little guys will keep cooking this month.

P.S. I need to appreciate our loving dogs more. I find that they tend to annoy me these days because they do things that make life stressful at times. I am so focused on Catie and Brandon and pregnancy survival that I rarely stop to be thankful that we have three sweet pups. Lily, Sadie and Abby, we love you!





No comments:
Post a Comment