Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 7, 2012

August Highlights: our month in pictures, 2 months late



Time flies these days and I always have to ask myself how I can balance making memories and capturing memories.  This month, I quite honestly chose to spend more time making memories.  Thus, the captioned pics will have to suffice for my monthly update.  My life is a blessing with my family and I cherish it every day.  It is also a learning experience as I try to manage raising four little ones, taking care of myself, and spending time with my hubby.




Brandon wears my shades after my dilated eye exam.

Catie and Brandon start learning to keep track of their daily responsibilities.

We create a family word wall as part of learning about the importances of letters, words and sounds.

We post a family schedule so we can learn how our days are structured and what we can expect.  Some days Mommy forgets about the schedule entirely.  This routine is still a work in progress.

Catie helps pack for our three week trip to Austin.  Talk about a super folder, Miss Catie takes responsibility to a whole new level.

In Austin, Catie strikes a pose in her favorite sundress and her new pink cowboy boots.

Connor and Ethan smile in Daddy's bed in Austin.  Look at those precious linked arms.

Catie and Connor take in some summer pool time with Grandma Judy.

I snuggle Brandon by the pool as he holds onto his treasures.  Finding objects and carrying them everywhere is still one of his favorite activities.

Grandma Bob and Ethan bond by the pool.  Grandma claims Ethan's coos sound just like, "Hellooo."

Catie and Brandon ride the Zilker Zephyr after gobbling up snow cones.

Family trip to Hula Hut.  Man did we change a lot of diapers in the car before this picture.  

Brandon fishing for goldfish with celery sticks and peanut butter, an idea I stole from Pinterest.
Ethan- four months


Connor- four months


Loving on my sweet Conner Bonnoner.

Mall trip to see Madagascar 3 with me while Daddy, Grandma Judy, Connor and Ethan shop.  Treats were a hit.  Movie was a hit.  I find a character I can relate to in the movie--Scrat.

Brandon pointing out Connor's birthmark while Daddy lets Connor taste watermelon.

Catie and Brandon using a pipette to create colorful mini-volcanoes.  Catie took it upon herself to study volcanoes, so I found a few experiments for her to try.

Brandon saw Connor and Ethan doing tummy time and said, "Mommy, these babies are turned up."  I thought that was a very accurate description from my Bran-Man.

Grandpa Bob has some male-bonding time with the twins.

Our family ventures to Grandma's birthday party at her friend's house.  Except for one accident on the nice rug, we make it through the party very well.

Dorky thumbs up picture of me with both babies asleep in the Bjorn.  The darn flash woke Connor up.

Brandon and Catie tasting the strawberry yogurt popsicles they made with Grandma.

Catie showing her balancing prowess at the park.

Cooling down at Amy's ice cream with strawberry ice cream and gummy bears.

Gobbling up those gummies.

Uncle Brad with his niece and nephews.

Making "puppy chow" with Grandma.  Catie and Brandon like to pretend to be baby puppies named "Ginger," so Grandma found a delicious recipe for "puppy chow."  The puppies loved it.

Connor and Ethan back home in Dallas showing off their matching outfits and neck strength.

Catie posing with all her Maters.

Brandon posing with all his McQueens.

Brandon and Catie decided Connor should be a little McQueen and placed the little model car on his Bumbo.

Catie matching upper case and lower case letters in her name.

My two little "drunk" men having a conversation as the wobble in the Bumbos.  They way they make eye contact and smile at each other is amazing to watch.

Connor and Ethan hangin' out.  Connor tends to be the fussier guy because he gets super gassy and constipated.

Shaving cream showers get the toddlers clean and allow me to tend to the babies without fears of toddlers trying to swim in the bath.

Connor, Catie and me at Central Market.

Brandon (tasting gelato) and Daddy

Brandon's long overdue hair cut.

Daddy and his boys

Trip to the Butterfly House for Fancy Nancy Bonjour Butterfly Party

Checking out the newly released butterflies

Twins ride the double Snap-N-Go at the park

Catie decorating her rainbow sherbert volcano

Connor and Ethan helping Daddy study

Catie painting paper towel rolls

Brandon making slime, another Pinterest idea.  Both Catie and Brandon ended up with the slime in the shower  at the end of this 2 hour long slime experience

Oh, the joy of cardboard boxes.  

Ethan, Catie and Connor

Wouldn't you love to be cared for by a princess?  Most loving big sis I know:)

Brandon washing cars after painting with them.  The next time I ask myself whether I should put a little more water into the container for the kids, the answer is NO.  I ended up cleaning up way too much spilled paint water.

Catie and Brandon trying to scare me with their roars.

In our house, anything goes when it comes to dressing up.

Catie and Brandon pretend to be Swipers (from Dora the Explorer).

Brandon does more car painting.  Less water is involved this time.

Daddy heading out to interview for his fellowship year.

Connor's first stroller ride in a five point harness.  He loves it.

Ethan self soothes with his fingers.  Will he follow in Catie's footsteps and suck his thumb?

Catie making a face out of her lunch.

Brandon making a face out of his lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is a lot of stuff! You are such an awesome mom!!!! I think I need to spend more time on Pinterest..

    ReplyDelete